POPLIE dilemmas



I didn't consider myself a huge Kode9 fun when I was first introduced to the "DUBSTEP" nation. Even if I really appreciated lots of hyperdub releases. However, in the last year I was really starting to be fascinated either with his sets or with his own view on the music. And here is the peak... When I first heard OTHERMAN I felt like I've been a Kode9er for ages. I felt I was totally related to it. If there would be no internet, I would stay outside the record-shop for two days waiting for the vinyl to be released. And actually I did it in the electronic way. I pre-ordered the vinyl and came just today. The code started to unlock. And guess what?!! The first number is... nine.

Otherman is the tune I chose for the May list of POPLIE. Before getting to the final decision, my thought was to choose the following song for May, which is an older release and get to Otherman on June. But then, maybe another POPLIE producer would have chosen it. Hahaha!!! HUGE DILEMMA!!!



What the deadman is for me? It's an-otherman but sadly he's dead... Well, when you hear a remix so different to an original tune that you LOVE and you find it as exciting, then you know that you deal with some great artists. The bassline, the Hitomi vocals... HUGE!!! King Midas Sound are definitely doing it again.

So... My June choice? We'll see...

Σχόλια